Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Semester 10

Today's the first day of the new semester, my tenth to be exact. It's a nasty start to the semester too, approximately 38 degrees as of 10:00 A.M., which is pretty chilly for La, especially if one considers the humidity factor (74%, to be precise). Also really gross and rainy, sticky and windy outside.

My dad stopped by this morning to bring me my camera bag that I had left at home. It contains my manual Nikon FG, which my dear boyfriend gave to me several Christmases ago, plus an assortment of lens and an attachable flash. I've got a photography class this semester, which I didn't want to take at first, because it's yet another studio class with tons of additional work to be done outside of class. But the more I thought about it, the better it'll be for me to learn the science behind traditional photography-- film development, printing; all that jazz. If I ever end up becoming an artistic director in the area of graphic design, it'll let me have more control over projects involving photography (for say, a magazine spread)-- I can tell the photographer to do very specific things. So yeah. I hope I get a decent instructor, and that my classmates are not too juvenile. The only thing that concerns me is how the heck I'm going to be able to follow the class discussion when the teacher's talking in the darkroom during film development-- I won't be able to see my interpreters at all!

So I've got to decide what I'll do with this blog-- I'll probably use it as a way to allow my mom to keep up with my daily or weekly doings at LSU, plus I'll post my artistic projects that I've done at school. Here's looking to the rest of the new year.

No comments:

Blog Archive