Well, not too much to discuss today. Classes have gone well today, and I've been figuring out how much I need for books and supplies. Weather was really nippy and chilly again, and I bundled up quite a bit. My math class is something else. There's 175 students in it, and it's promising to be a relatively easy class-- provided I actually do the work. All the work in the class is to be submitted ONLINE-- all of our homework and quizzes from any computer with internet. Our tests will be taken in one of the computer testing labs. I sort of lament this, because I think in the older days, when everything was done with pencil and paper, you learn better by writing down the process, and allowing the teacher to see the work you went through in getting to the final answer. The basis for sending in homework for this class is submitting the final answer for each problem in a very specific typed format on the website which must match the correct answer stored in the computer database, which I think essentially sucks. But times are a'changing, and math classes are getting larger and larger here at school, so I can understand it's much easier on teachers to have the computer do the work for them rather than grading hundreds of papers/homeworks/quizzes individually.
So I did my cartoon for tomorrow, it is a commentary on the new Starbucks they are installing on campus. And ironically, I will probably visit said Starbucks despite the view I have presented in my cartoon because Starbucks has a REALLY excellent hot chocolate. It is so very good!
Click here to see the cartoon
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so true about starbucks!!!! in new york city, there is one in almost every block of manhattan!
Their coffee is good, but i'm a cc's girl.
Post a Comment