Monday, February 5, 2007

First batch of prints from photography class!

Hurray! My very first batch of printed photos from my photography class, and all of these came from film that I developed ALL BY MYSELF and printed with chemicals also ALL BY MYSELF! Ha! This was for the first project, where we had to have at least one example that best fit each of the following categories:

1. Shallow Depth of Field (e.g., the foreground is sharp, the background is blurry)
2. Great Depth of Field (that is, everything in the foreground and background is sharp, in focus)
3. Capturing something in motion, freezing something in motion
4. Showing MOVEMENT (blurry arms in a picture)

Click on each picture for a larger version!


This is for #1. This was actually the first print I ever made, a pretty damned lucky first try.


For #2. this is actually a dirty little creek close to campus, but it looks much cleaner in black and white.


For #2 also. Looks like a scene from France, but is in fact the downtown old capitol.


For #3, capturing something in motion. This is the type of fountain that has spouts directly in the concrete, you can choose to walk over it. I managed to capture the water just when it erupted out of the spouts. It's still a little blurry, even though I had the shutter timed to 1/1000ths of a second.


This is my print showing movement. In this case, this is another fountain in another part of town, or part of it anyway. The sky has been totally overexposed because I had to keep the aperature open long enough (1/15 second) to capture the movement of the water. I liked this fountain, although I had to be sneaky about taking pictures of it (as it is on the front lawn of a big research center).

9 comments:

Priscilla said...

These are really cool. I can't wait to see what you come up with this semester!

Anonymous said...

If some one needs to be updated with most up-to-date technologies
afterward he must be visit this web page and be up to date every
day.

Stop by my blog post :: quick weight loss plans

Anonymous said...

Ahaa, its good dialogue regarding this paragraph at this place at this website, I have read all that, so now me also
commenting at this place.

Also visit my webpage ... gold's gym adjustable dumbbell set

Anonymous said...

This is a topic that is near to my heart..
. Many thanks! Where are your contact details
though?

Feel free to visit my page; Bookmarking Backlinks
My website: Bookmarking Back Links

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is needed to get set up? I'm assuming having a
blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I'm not very web savvy so I'm
not 100% certain. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

My site; ivanko dumbbells and rack

Anonymous said...

Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyways, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be bookmarking
and checking back often!

My site - muscle building cookbook

Anonymous said...

I always spent my half an hour to read this webpage's content daily along with a cup of coffee.

Look into my web site - arthritis knee brace
My website > arthritis tools

Anonymous said...

These are really impressive ideas in on the topic of blogging.
You have touched some good points here. Any way keep up wrinting.


Review my weblog: pay day loans with monthly payments

Anonymous said...

Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clearness
in your post is simply excellent and i could assume
you're an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

my web-site: look here

Blog Archive