Sunday, February 4, 2007

Miscellany

Well, one of my friends texted me last night to inform me that there was an enormous, perfect halo around the moon, and I just happened to have gone to sleep twenty minutes before receiving said text. Drat. Another celestial phenomenon come and gone and I missed it!

Sundays for me are typically busy days in which I try to get plenty done. I do laundry, dishes, homework, lab work, whatever I can. Today, I've got said laundry, and I must go to Kinko's to print out the final proof for one of my class projects; and then mount it onto sticky foam board. There is this wonderful foam board you can buy from a craft store (e.g., Hobby Lobby or Michael's) and it has a peel back adhesive lining on the back, so there is no need to glue something to it or use a messy, sticky spray adhesive that's also considerably toxic if you use it indoors. But this is a neat, simple, non-messy, nontoxic solution! I also need to generate four really good prints at the photography lab this afternoon from the pictures I took yesterday; it usually takes several tries before getting a good print that has all the right black and gray tones.

Yesterday I grabbed Wendel from his apartment and we went downtown for a photo taking adventure (I had to take pictures for my class, he came along just for fun). We explored the gardens in front of the capitol, explored the interior of the capitol, and went up to the top floor and enjoyed the view. I think it's funny how the tallest buildings around here are only about 24, 25 floors tops. Nothing compared to some of the buildings in say Houston or New Orleans, much least New York City or Chicago. We also trawled through the rest of downtown, looking for photographic opportunities for my photography class project; and I spent a considerable amount taking pictures from different angles of this funky water fountain. I had to get up close, so I ended up soaking my tennis shoes through and through. Needless to say, we didn't remain downtown much longer after that, as it was about 45 degrees outside. Afterwards, I ran a few more errands (getting batteries, sticky foam board, etc.) and treated Wendel to lunch at Taco Bell.

Well, back to laundry, I guess.

No comments:

Blog Archive